In memory of all the men who made the supreme sacrifice in the First World War, a War Memorial, paid for by public subscription, was erected on a piece of land donated by James Douglas Fletcher of Rosehaugh.

The British Legion elected to put the names on the Memorial, and it was unveiled by Col. A F MacKenzie of Ord, CMG, MVO, on 15th September 1923. The local clergy officiated at the ceremony and a Guard of Honour was provided by the RNR and the 4th/5th Seaforths.